Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Cake balls

Another one of my favourite sites is Bakerella. I'm not good with decorating, so I just love going through that site and looking at the pretty colours and yummy baked goods. After some thought, I finally decided to try making cake balls, as it seemed pretty easy.

I didn't make cake from scratch, and just used cake mix.

Step 1. Bake the cake.


Step 2. Let the cakes cool and then crumble into a bowl. I did one cake at a time, and added half a can of whipped frosting to each.

Step 3. Mix throughly. Form small balls from the mixture.


Step 4. Freeze for 15 minutes.

Step 5. Decorate. I chose to dip them in chocolate, but I had a lot of trouble doing so. I ended up finishing, but the chocolate remained a bit sticky. I also decorated them with some sprinkles.



I gave Cassie one to try, and she really liked it. Ken thought it was raw, so I assume he didn't like it. He did take half of the batch to work, and all his co-workers loved them, so I guess they are quite good. I think I'll stick to cookies though. Cake just isn't my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment