Monday, November 23, 2009

A new blog

After much thought, I have finally decided to start a new blog. Unlike my other blog, this one will be about my two favourite hobbies: baking and crocheting. At the moment, I have a few general ideas about what I will be blogging about:

Baking/cooking: I am not a gourmet chef, butI really enjoy baking, so I intend to review recipes that I find online, along with any changes I made, and the end result. As for cooking, I wanted to record the bits of wisdom that I have picked up from my MIL and my mom, especially in terms of Chinese cooking. You will find that I rate things usually according to how much my daughters (ages 1 and 3.5) enjoy the food.

Crocheting: There are tons of crocheting tutorials, patterns, etc. online, so I will be mostly talking about more in-depth details about crocheting, and testing out patterns. I hope to also post up pictures of my current/finished projects. If I ever find a nice pattern online, I might mention it. Rarely, I try to develop my own pattern, and if that happens, I will probably post it online.

You'll also find that I will also post up failures along with successes. Sometimes when things don't work out, it's best to just laugh a bit and learn from our mistakes.

So there we go. My first blog should be about cooking: Wontons, wintermelon soup, and for dessert, chocolate meringue cookies.

1 comment:

  1. wow this blog is so crazy! your chinese food looks soooo good! wintermelon soup is my fave too! and your wontons looks so great!

    ReplyDelete