Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pizza

When I got my new Kitchenaid mixer, it came with a few recipes, including an easy pizza crust. Both my girls and Ken love eating pizza, so I thought I would give it a try.

My goal was to make 4 mini-pizzas from the pizza dough.

I have made pizza before, and the middle always ended up too soggy, so I decided to make smaller pizzas, as well as pan-frying my toppings prior to addition to the pizza. I made a ham and pineapple pizza, as well as a chicken and red pepper pizza. I pan-fried both sets of toppings until pretty much cooked through.

I used a fast rise yeast, which allowed me to omit the first rise.

I followed the recipe exactly, and I must admit that the kneading done by my KA mixer made life much easier. It was very satisfying to see all the dough clinging to the dough hook. After the dough rising, I divided up the dough, rolled it out, pulled it a bit, and then added the tomato sauce, grated cheese, and toppings.

It only took 15 minutes for me to bake two mini-pizzas in my tabletop convection oven. Overall, it took me 2 hours from start to finish to make the pizzas.

I will definitely make these again. My little critics devoured their portions, and all four pizzas were consumed almost the moment they came out of the oven. The dough was soft and chewy, and extremely yummy.




One thing though, a handful of cornmeal was scattered across the pan before the pizzas were laid on top. What's the purpose of this? I must google.

1 comment:

  1. looks sooo good! thanks for updating! I must try my dough hook too... been 1.5 yrs and still only used the paddle... haha...

    ReplyDelete